March 21, 2012

A Work in Progress

My adorable little man is now 8 months old and yes I am still working on his nursery. I always had this idea that I would have my babies nursery complete and ready to go by the end of my first trimester.


...Yeah right!
I don't think I even left the couch.


 I had been planning this time for so many years I was certain I knew exactly how I wanted the oh so important room. Well needless to say, when the time came, I just couldn't decide how to decorate. Finally just 1 week before the arrival of little Lucas, I went out and bought a crib set. (giving up on the set I started making.)

So very long story short... yes... I am still working on some "finishing touches" in the nursery. And here is one of the projects I've been working on.



First pick out scrapbook paper for the fronts of your letters. And trace the letters onto your paper.


Then paint the letters to match the scrap book paper. Once the letters are dry, paint the fronts of the letters with Modge Podge or glue and attach you paper letters. Once it is dry use sandpaper to sand off any paper that hangs over the edge. I also sanded the edges to give it more of a worn look. I think next time I will cut the paper just a bit smaller than the letters and then sand the edges.
Just like that, you are done!
Can't believe it took me just short of eight months.   






No comments:

Post a Comment